This class explores the vast array of architectural treasures in the grand city of Valencia making it a very special place since the time of the Romans. It really excels with the wealth of traders, nobles and royalty in the medieval era. The marvelous manifestation of man and creation come to life in the facades and interiors of churches, convents, monasteries and secular buildings and palaces of Valencia city branding it as the 2nd most important city in Spain.
This class highlights the most iconic buildings within the city including....
- The Roman city and the Almoina Archaeological Center
- The Cathedral of Valencia
- Convent of Santo Domingo
- Royal Monastery of the Holy Trinity
- Parish Church of San Nicolás and San Pedro Mártir
- Royal Church of San Martín Obispo and San Antonio Abad
- Royal Basilica
- Royal Parish of the St Johns
- San Juan del Hospital
- Lonja de la Seda
- Monastery of San Miguel de los Reyes
- Palace of the Marquis of Dos Aguas
"Karla's immense knowledge about art and architecture in Spain is unbelievable. This is the best class to take before you visit the city!" -Angelika