This LECTURE by Karla Darocas will prepare you to DISCOVER, ENJOY & APPRECIATE the works of Joaquín Sorolla featuring children.
* why childhood was a continuous theme in the works of Sorolla.
* the artistic and social trends that were in fashion at the time of Sorolla's greatest achievements
* the psychology and philosophy that drove his personal convictions
* the methods / techniques used to paint his most dynamic compositions
- family intimacy / painter's own children
- childish world of social status
- whole world of children's tasks, games, the entertainment of the children of the more affluent classes
- child labour / helplessness of the children of lower classes
- illness or infant mortality